Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Vacation, Credit Cards, and Bankruptcy

The Maryland Bankruptcy Center
This weekend I was in Ocean City, Maryland with my family. Everywhere I went, restaurants were packed, stores were mobbed and hotels had "no-vacancy" signs. And as a personal bankruptcy attorney, I couldn't help but notice that nearly everyone was using their high interest credit cards to pay for their consumer goods and services. This, I thought to myself, is one of the reasons that America is in such a bad financial crisis and personal bankruptcy's, especially Chapter 7, is on the rise to levels never before seen in Maryland.

As a consumer bankruptcy attorney, I help people eliminate their credit card debt by filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court. As unemployment is on the rise and frivilous spending continues, now more than ever people are relying on their credit cards to pay for everything that they do.

Chapter 7 can provide debt relief to those who have run up their credit cards and cannot pay them back.

It is not for people who have alot of property or who have run up their credit cards and created debt with no intention of paying it back. That is fraud, and it is not tolerated. In my experience, at least 90% of people who need to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy are good, hard working people who, for a myriad of reasons, got in over their heads and need a fresh start.

If you find yourself in that position, call me, at (410) 766-4044and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment